The school semester is quickly coming to an end, and we know this time of year can be very stressful. Don’t worry — we know you all will finish strong! After a long day in class or after a strenuous day at work, take full advantage of our many amenities, including our HUGE hot tubs on the entertainment deck and our oversize smart TV in the clubhouse. Looking for something to do? Join us during the many events we’ll be hosting throughout the month.
- Renew TODAY to secure a spot at The Knox for next year!
- Smoking in your apartment is NOT allowed. Doing so can carry a fine of $100 per resident and lead to eviction with additional fines of $250 per resident. There is no smoking allowed in the lobby, clubhouse, parking garage, stairwells, elevator, or within 30 feet of any entry door to the buildings.
- Quiet hours are Sunday through Thursday from 10:00 p.m.–8:00 a.m., and Friday and Saturday from midnight–8:00 a.m.
- We now have a courtesy officer who patrols the property from midnight–6:00 a.m.
- Pet waste stations are located on the first floor dog run and on Laurel Avenue by the gated entrance. If you have not registered your pet, please do so immediately to avoid receiving any fines.
- We’re now hiring for Community Assistants. Please apply at www.communityassistant.com.
Reminders & Updates
Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., Saturday from 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., and Sunday from 1:00–5:00 p.m.
Electricity bills are split per the number of residents in each apartment. Bills will be posted to your account by the 1st of each month, so please make your payment when you pay your monthly installment. Remember, you can write one check for rent and electricity charges. If you have any questions, see the management office.
Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (865) 297-4455 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 5th at 8:30 a.m.
If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please see Megan White, our AGM, or email her at email@example.com.
For any resident/roommate conflict-related issues, study room reservation requests, and event idea submissions, please contact one of our Community Assistants at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need assistance with your cable and Internet? Give Airwave a call at (877) 778-WAVE.
Google yourself. Your future may depend on it.
Whether graduation is on the horizon, or you’re looking for an internship or to take the next step in your career, it’s important you are ready to shine, both online and off. The job and internship search is no longer just about your resume. Your entire online presence is part of your overall brand. According to CareerBuilder’s annual social media recruitment survey, 52% of employers are going online to research candidates. 48% of hiring managers found information online that led them not to hire candidates, including inappropriate photos (46%), information about drinking or drug use (40%), defamatory posts (29%), and even bad-mouthing of a former company or fellow employee (34%).
Here are some tips to look your best when that potential employer hits the search button:
- Research yourself. Log out of your social media accounts and do some searches for yourself on search engines and social media sites.
- Create an attractive and comprehensive LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn has features that allow you to showcase your education, classwork, and projects. According to Forbes, over 97% of employers in a recent survey used LinkedIn for recruiting.
- Get a professional-looking headshot for LinkedIn and other public-facing online profiles.
- Utilize your campus career center!
As a resident of a Campus Advantage community, we want to help you achieve your full potential. Stay tuned for career success events and additional resources, and don’t hesitate to reach out if we can be of support in any way!
Community Events Calendar
National Deviled Egg Day — Wednesday, November 2
In support of Relay For Life, we’re selling deviled eggs to raise money for cancer awareness, research, and survivors. Donate and receive a deviled egg or two! Starts at noon.
DIY Game Day Buttons — Friday, November 4
Want to wear exactly what’s on your mind when it comes to game day? Join us during office hours in the clubhouse for our do-it-yourself button making.
The Knox Chili Off — Tuesday, November 8
The weather is finally starting to cool down, so why not warm up for a good cause? In the office starting at noon, we’ll be having a chili off. Choose your favorite chili and place coins in the respective coin jar. The chili with the most coins wins!
The Knox’s First Thanksgiving Dinner — Thursday, November 17
Turkey, ham, dressing, and candied yams are just a few of the things we here at The Knox are thankful for. Join us as we celebrate our First Thanksgiving Dinner!
Home Away from Home Movie Night — Wednesday, November 23
Not going home for the holidays? Well, you certainly don’t have to be alone. Join us in the clubhouse for a movie night full of laughs and fun!