Love is in the air here at The Knox, and just to prove it, be on the lookout for random acts of kindness from our staff throughout the month! February is not only the month of Valentine’s Day, it’s also a time for health, fun, and growth. Here at The Knox, we’ve planned several events throughout the month with those themes in mind, so be sure to drop by as many as you can. As you dive in to this spring semester, don’t forget to take advantage of our many amenities here at The Knox to help you manage the workload!
- We have limited spots available for fall, so renew today to save your room at The Knox!
- Smoking in your apartment is NOT allowed. Doing so can carry a fine of $100 per resident and lead to eviction with additional fines of $250 per resident. There is no smoking allowed in the lobby, clubhouse, parking garage, stairwells, elevator, or within 30 feet of any entry door to the buildings.
- Quiet hours are Sunday through Thursday from 10 p.m.–8 a.m., and Friday and Saturday from midnight–8 a.m.
- We now have a courtesy officer who patrols the property from midnight–6 a.m.
- Pet waste stations are located on the first-floor dog run and on Laurel Avenue by the gated entrance. If you have not registered your pet, please do so immediately to avoid receiving any fines.
- Trash chutes are located at the end of every floor in Building One. Any trash left outside will result in fines.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m.
- Electricity bills are split per the number of residents in each apartment. Bills will be posted to your account by the 1st of each month, so please make your payment when you pay your monthly installment. Remember, you can write one check for rent and electricity charges. If you have any questions, see the management office.
- Locked out of your apartment, neighbors being loud, or have an emergency? Please call the Community Assistant on call at (865) 297-4455 for any after-hours emergencies. Available seven days a week!
- Rent payments: Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and late fees will be applied on the 5th at 8:30 a.m.
- If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please see Megan McCollum, our AGM, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any resident/roommate conflict-related issues, study room reservation requests, and event idea submissions, please contact our Resident Director, Derrica, at email@example.com.
- Need assistance with your cable and Internet? Give Airwave a call at (877) 778- WAVE.
Focus on Career Success
Whether you are a sophomore looking at internships or a senior getting ready for that first job after graduation, the spring semester brings added pressure as you seek to set yourself apart and set yourself up for success.
Here are five tips to keep you moving forward on a career success track:
Tip #1: The key to getting hired is selling yourself better than the other candidates. What’s your pitch? Practice concise ways to share your value and what you are looking for.
Tip #2: Your resume’s only job is to get your foot in the door! Have it critiqued at the career center.
Tip #3: Google yourself: What does your online presence tell future employers? Are you focusing on your online brand? Your potential employer is! Work on shaping your presence online and off.
Tip #4: Come up with EVERY reason an employer might not hire you — and an answer for each objection. For example, “What I lack in relevant experience, I make up for with my drive and proven ability to learn new things quickly.”
Tip #5: Learn from the best! Find people doing what you want to do and doing it well — and ask them for guidance. It’ll be well worth your time and perhaps a few cups of coffee to do informational interviews with others on their success stories.
These tips are obviously just the tip of the iceberg. Watch out for career success experiences here at your community. Whether you want feedback on your pitch or need someone to critique your resume, let us know how we can help you and connect you with resources to assist in your success!
Community Event Calendar
Groundhog Day Watch Party — Thursday, February 2 — Ready for spring? Join The Knox as we patiently count down the days until spring by passing some time with the classic movie, Groundhog Day!
Wear Red Day — Friday, February 3 — In honor of the American Heart Association, we wear red on the first Friday of February! Don’t own any red? Stop by the office and grab a red ribbon to show your support! In addition to wearing red, we’ll be selling red cupcakes for Relay For Life.
The Knox’s Valentine’s Day Party — Tuesday, February 7 — Celebrate the season of love with The Knox! We’ll have everything from heart-shaped pizza to heart-shaped donuts, and everything in between. Join us for a night filled with love!
Black History Month Trivia, Jeopardy Style — Thursday, February 16 — Think you know black history? Join The Knox as we celebrate Black History Month with a fun game of Jeopardy!
National Dog Biscuit Day — Monday, February 20 — We didn’t forget about our four-legged residents! Join us as we celebrate National Dog Biscuit Day for our furry friends with tons of yummy treats for them!
DIY Melting Crayon Art — Thursday, February 23 — Feeling artsy? Let out your creative side with some fun melted crayon art!